CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer


When I Heard the Learn'd Astronomer by Walt Whitman is a book about a young boy who hears an astronomer speak. Then all at once he becomes tired and sick, and goes off by himself to look at the stars in silence. Once again, this book stands out to me because of it's amazing artwork- the lack of text and plot are made up by visual quality. While I would not use this book in my classroom, I have to applaud the beautiful pictures.

2 comments:

christian freeman said...

I loved the pictures in this book too. I think most of the story is told through the pictures and not the words. I myself can not decide if I like the book or not.

Ofelia Lawrence said...

I don't think I will use this book in my class either. Although the illustrations were nice. I would leave this book on a table for kids to read to each other.