CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Upside Down and Backwards by Diane Bertrand

I read the book Upside Down and Backwards by Diane Bertrand

I really enjoyed this book! I like how it had all kinds of stories compacted into one crazy and funny book! I like how Monica described her worm "Wormia is my worm. She is slimy like Jelly on bread." I would definitely use this book in my classroom to show how important equality and individuality is within languages. I skimmed through the spanish side, and it only made me wish that I was able to speak spanish! The language looked so pretty, and I was curious to hear what it sounded like being read aloud.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jesica! I really enjojyed this book as well and how it had several fun stories. I agree with you about using this book in our future classrooms. The stories are easy to read, short and funny. I also think that young readers would be able to relate to some of these stories.

Alicia Ostmeyer said...

I definitely agree with you. This book was hilarious and had a bunch of short stories that children could relate. The short stories brought up a majority of the struggles that children go through during childhood.