CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I love Saturdays y Domingos


I read the book I Love Saturdays Y Domingos by Alma Flor Ada, and I really liked it. It was about a young girl who spent time with both sets of grandparents on the weekends, on Saturdays it was with her grandma and grandpa and Sundays was with abuelita and abuelito. I love how this little girl speaks english and spanish when she needs to. She goes places with both sets, and talks about what they see, and also what they cook for her. (and when I read huevos rancheros- my mouth was watering) The book is really interesting to me because as it progressed, I can begin to decifer the spanish words by looking at the correlating english ones!

I think this would be a GREAT book to use for any bilingual students in the classroom- and also to open the other student's eyes to the spanish culture.

0 comments: