CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 31, 2008

Made You Look by Diane Roberts


I really liked this book- I thought it was very clever and realistic. This is the story of a young boy named Jason, who wants more than anything to be on his favorite game show Masquerade Mania- when his family tells him that they are heading to California, he was sure that he finally had his chance to shine!- Until he found out that he was going camping....with his family...."oh how fun"...... MY favorite part was when Jason's mom turned his underwear pink- that is priceless.... every boys worst nightmare. I think this book would be a great read for children of all ages- it's funny and easy to read.

3 comments:

Hilary LeMar said...

I thought this book was really good too, and the pink underwear was really funny. I think that kids would like to read this and/or have it read aloud to them. It reminded me of my family vacations because so many things went wrong, but it was fun in the end.

René Saldaña, Jr. said...

Hilary, I never thought of doing this book as a read-aloud. But it really makes sense. The action is constant, the funny parts really funny. I'll have to look over it again with a read-aloud in mind.

Molly said...

I really liked this book as well! One of my favorite parts was when his mom turned his underwear pink. The reader could sense that he thought it was the end of the world! I can also relate to thinking something is funny that happens to someone ELSE until it happens to me also...much like Freddie!